Dance classes to keep seniors active and enjoying life! Classes aimed at people 65 years and older
We are delighted to have been approved for the Community Group Strength & Balance Programme as our classes meet all nine of the effectiveness criteria established by the Technical Advisory Group to reduce the falls in older people.
MONDAYS: 10 – 11 am in Mt Albert. Classes resume for 2018 on 5th February.
THURSDAYS: 10 – 11 am in Remuera. Classes resume for 2018 on 8th February.
- All classes follows school terms
- Come 15 minutes early to enroll
- Wear clothes you can move in and soft shoes
Monday classes at St Luke’s Church Hall, 704 New North Road, Mt Albert, Auckland
Thursday classes at St Aidan’s Church Hall, 5 Ascot Ave., Remuera, Auckland
Classes are $10 with 5% discount when paid by the term
SeniorsDANCE classes for those who are physically able are taught by Susan Jordan and Sue MacRae, both professional dance teachers
- It is an enjoyable way to stay active, using easy to learn movement based on contemporary dance
- Classes start with exercises on chairs and include creative movement and choreographed dances using a variety of music
- Builds balance and coordination, keeps joints mobile and strengthens muscles
- Addresses physical, mental and social well-being
- Wear clothes you can move in easily and comfortably and soft fitted shoes
Photo: Amanda Billing